When Saturday Night Live announced this week that hottie Megan Fox will host the premiere episode of the 35th season airing on September 26, the sound of fanboys fainting onto their Xbox consoles and computer keyboards could be heard all across this great nation. Ok, so the kids at SNL have pretty much guaranteed that plenty of eyeballs will tune in, but will they get the laughs? Is Angelina Jolie’s doppelganger funny?
Since we’ve only really seen her bend over cars, outrun gigantic robot aliens, and straddle motorcycles, who the heck knows? Luckily, we have IMDB to help provide us with some insight. They have this neat little section on each profile page called “Personal Quotes” where they’ve listed interesting things that movie stars have said. Ms. Fox has about 3,000 quotes on her profile, so I took it upon myself to highlight some of the more “funny-ish” ones.*
- Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. She’s mesmerizing.
- If I ever lose a role because of my tattoos, I’ll quit Hollywood and go to work at Costco.
- Hollywood is the most superficial thing you could possibly be a part of and if I weren’t attractive I wouldn’t be working at all.
- I didn’t decide I’m gonna be an actress cause I wanna be respected for how I play chess.
- I think one day I could be a very good actress. But so far, I haven’t done anything.
- I’m not going to win an Oscar anytime soon. I’m not Meryl Streep.
*IMDB does not attribute where or when these quotes were pulled, so your guess is as good as mine.
Hmmmm…well, thanks IMDB, but that wasn’t helpful at all. Whatevs, I say let’s give the young lady a shot. There’s no way she could be worse than Paris Hilton. Anyway, I’ll close this post with Ms. Fox’s own words, as I think she puts it best (again, from IMDB):
“I’m definitely labeled in the pin-up category. I haven’t given people a reason to take my work seriously yet, which is my responsibility. I think the expectation for me, as far as my ability as an actress goes, is very low. I feel like that means I can only ever be an over-achiever when people expect so little from me.”